Spybot

knobler 21:15 02 Dec 2003

I've just downloaded this onto my computer but when the icon is double clicked it blinks and then nothing happens - does it run in background?

The first time round I was able to see the results of the scan etc. but now there's nothing!

anybody else got this problem or if it's right?

sattman 21:21 02 Dec 2003

Are you saying nothing happens when you left click on "check all" in the small box left hand lower with the magnifying class

knobler 21:31 02 Dec 2003

Yes - with the exception of a message entitled 'Legal Stuff' - I click okay and then it flickers briefly and i'm left with my normal desktop!

Can't find where all the stuff that was removed from the syatem when I first ran spybot.

knobler 21:33 02 Dec 2003

Actually, I don't get anything saying check all come up when I righ or left click on it!

Djohn 21:46 02 Dec 2003

I downloaded spybot last week and installed it from the .exe file. this left a shortcut on the desktop, if I left click on that, a window opens with the spybot logo and the right pane as the option to search for problems, left pane as several options to click on. Search and destroy, immunise, update and donate.

I just click on either the search and destroy or check for problems and off it goes to do a scan. Think yours should be the same as this. j.

knobler 21:54 02 Dec 2003

Think I might uninstall it and try again, although worried that some of the files that I removed will be lost, not that I'm likely to want to reinstate them!

Can't find an exe. file in the Spybot directory.

any brief thoughts thoughts?

Djohn 22:00 02 Dec 2003

Sorry, it's just a set-up Icon to click on. When I download anything, I always choose save and save to a folder, then after checking with AVG, I open and install, some users will choose to download and install at the same time. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)