Spontaneous boot order change + videos not playing

[email protected] 20:42 08 Nov 2015

Problem number 1) Every once in a blue moon my computer decide to change the boot order of my hard drives, so that the one with my OS is not included. The fix is simple; I go into the BIOS setting and add it back on top of the list. But it is quite annoying (especially if it happens for my girlfriend, who does not know how to fix it). I have been unable to find any patterns to when it happens. It happens very rarely, maybe once every two months, but other times it does it twice a week.

Problem number 2) This problem appeared together with the upgrade to windows 10 (from Windows 7). Once in a while, at least once per week, I start my computer and it is unable to play any kind of videos. On Youtube, it appears to load the video/commercial but does not move beyond 0.00. Same with VLC player, or any other players I have tried. Additionally, steam is unable to launch.

When I try to restart or turn off the computer, it appear to shut windows down normally, but it never turns of the power and I have to kill it by force.

Any help it appreciated.

My setup:

• CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge
  • Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
  • HD1: OCZ Vertex 4 SSD - 256 GB
  • HD2: Western Digital WD Green WD7500AADS 750GB
  • HD3 (by USB): Hitachi 1TB HDS 721010
  • RAM: 4xCorsair 4GB DDR3 1600MHz
  • PSU: Corsair CMPSU-650HXEU
  • Graphic card: AMD Radeon HD 6900
  • Cabinet: Lian Li PC-8A OS: Windows 10

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Moving Brands on 20 years of bringing life to brands - and keeping their brand socially responsible

MacBook Air 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques Bluetooth (2018)