Spelling in the forum...

Chris the Ancient 14:18 06 Jul 2004

I'm getting old and cantankerous (less hackling at the back please).

I've had a hard morning and I've got a hard afternoon/evening session coming up, so I thought I'd relax in here for a while and do some catching up and see if I could help anywhere.

BUT...

Some of the threads are almost unreadable because of poor typing and/or spelling - and I soon get fed up trying to decode them (because I am old and cantankerous).

Now, when there is a lovely, easy FREE spelling checker for IE-based activities that only needs one extra click of a mouse button to spell check the thread, I wonder why the heck people don't use it.

Simple. They've lost the link.

So here it is again

click here

It installs the spell checker quickly, easily and safely. And my cat doesn't get quite so scared as I walk down the hall because I've turned all quiet and placid again.

;o)))

Chris

Alan2 14:30 06 Jul 2004

I agree with you - but the people at the back are heckling.

Graham ® 14:31 06 Jul 2004

And punctuation.

And paragraphs.

And upper case posts.

And lots of ! and ?

These suggestions continue, but new members may not have seen them. Others just think 'who, mois?'

Chris the Ancient 14:34 06 Jul 2004

Hence my little 'nag'.

Graham... Yup! Oh, that we could have the equivalent of M$ Word's grammar checker as a freebie as well!

But, as I'm not *that* old and cantankerous, I'll settle for the thin end of the wedge and try and encourage les autres!

Chris

Mikè 14:34 06 Jul 2004

Queue fore sumboddie too riplie wiff a dilyburatelie mizpealt postyng.

Chris the Ancient 14:34 06 Jul 2004

Hence my little 'nag'.

Graham... Yup! Oh, that we could have the equivalent of M$ Word's grammar checker as a freebie as well!

But, as I'm not *that* old and cantankerous, I'll settle for the thin end of the wedge and try and encourage les autres!

Chris

Chris the Ancient 14:35 06 Jul 2004

And a cure for a trembling right finger, please!

Chris the Ancient 14:37 06 Jul 2004

Good one.

But the real challenge is to do it with mis-spellings that pass the iespell!

Graham ® 14:40 06 Jul 2004

Sacre flippin' bleu.

Chris the Ancient 14:44 06 Jul 2004

Having started the ball rolling - or having put the cat among the pigeons, I shall tip-toe out and go to work and let everyone else play!!

Shas 14:45 06 Jul 2004

Agree totally. Although (as has been thrashed out in previous threads) the forum is not here to judge people's spelling skills, it does make it extremely difficult and even irritating to try and read.

And, to add to Graham ®'s list,

sentences that trail off to........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?