Speedtouch 585 Uninstall?

Border View 09:01 07 Oct 2008

Later today I will be migrating to o2. They have sent me a Speedtouch 585v7 wireless router. I already have a Speedtouch 585v6 installed on my computer.

Question - will I need to uninstall the v6 before I install o2 v7 router.

Would welcome your comments.

Technotiger 09:06 07 Oct 2008

Have you not spoken to O2? I would say that you would probably only need to do an update rather than a full uninstall/reinstall - unless there are any physical differences in the two.

Border View 09:09 07 Oct 2008

No I havent spoken to o2 (should have thought about that). Dont think there are any physical differences just the software.

Will give them a ring. Will let you know what they say.

Thank you for responding.

Border View 09:21 07 Oct 2008

Well I thought we would be speaking the same language.

Explained to the gentleman at o2 that I would be migrating to them today (work is in progress at the exchange), Explained that I have a Speedtouch 585v6 (my own) and would I have to uninstall this hardware before I installed o2 585v7.

First response was what was this "hardware". My response was "the router".

Answer if I used my own router they would not give me technical support. To which I explained - I didnt want to use my own router I wanted to use o2. Should I uninstall 585v6 before I installed theirs.

Yes I should uninstall this router from my system before I installed O2 Speedtouch 6585v7.

I am not confident with the advice given by this gentleman.

Border View 09:23 07 Oct 2008

What will happen if I dont uninstall - might there be a conflict?

Technotiger 09:24 07 Oct 2008

I agree with you - I would have another go, I doubt you would get the same person again. Or ask to speak to a Supervisor.

Technotiger 09:26 07 Oct 2008

I don't see how there could be any conflict. But if you don't get anywhere on the phone, and to rule out any possible problems, I would go through the uninstall/reinstall route, for your own peace of mind.

Border View 09:30 07 Oct 2008

Thanks Technotiger. I have just e-mailed o2. See if I get a better response that way.

Agree with you. If I loose connection to internet before response received will do an uninstall.

Will let you know how I get on.

Technotiger 09:31 07 Oct 2008

OK - Good luck.

I am Spartacus 10:28 07 Oct 2008

What exactly is there to uninstall?

Border View 10:33 07 Oct 2008

This is something I have discovered Spartacus. I thought it would be a bit like uninstalling a program but it would appear that I simply unplug my speedtouch. There is some speedtouch related software which I shall uninstall.

I had had in mind drivers and the like.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

6 great UX design talks you can watch online

How to jailbreak an iPhone or iPad in iOS 11 or iOS 10

Musique de Noël : les meilleures chansons en streaming