Speed touch 330 ADSL modem problems on vista

morty85 20:17 11 Aug 2008

I have put together a new p.c. for a family freind and had to install there speedtouch 330 modem for there talk talk acount to their comp, this was a problem in it's self, but managed to get drivers and get it sorted, .

I restarted the system to find it recognised the modem but there was no connection to the net!,
i tried everything but vista seems to revert it back to a dial up connection as default,

it's annoying because i had it working and now it just wont find it at all!

Clapton is God 20:30 11 Aug 2008

"but there was no connection to the net"

I assume that you have correctly set up the modem to connect to Talk Talk and that you did use the latest Vista-enabled Speedtouch drivers?

morty85 21:12 11 Aug 2008

yes , these are the drivers that i installed , it worked fine, i am going to try it again later in the week reinstall it all, but it's just the fact it dissapeared when i restarted the system, any other help would be great

Stuartli 00:04 12 Aug 2008

click here

for TT's advice on installing the Speedtouch 330 modem with Vista.

I would consider using a wired modem router rather than the USB route.....:-)

Clapton is God 11:43 12 Aug 2008

I've recently connected a Speedtouch 330 to a Vista laptop (using Tiscali).

I've noticed that in IE; Tools; Internet Options; Connections you must have 'Dial whenever a network connection is not present' ticked, otherwise it doesn't want to know.

Ditch999 13:04 12 Aug 2008

Any Speedtouch 330 modem I've seen uses a dial up connection to connect. The "phone number" is usually just a zero.

Stuartli 13:09 12 Aug 2008

Windows treats a USB modem's configuration in similar fashion to that of a dial-up version except that, when setting it up from IE's ISP Connections tab, you state ADSL rather than dial-up.

The correct "Phone" setting is:

These are the VPI and VCI figures for the UK.

Taff™ 14:32 12 Aug 2008

I agree with Stuartli - change the phone setting. In Vista you can also set it to automatically connect.

morty85 00:05 15 Aug 2008

Thanks to everyone who posted, if anyone has simaler problem , the above info should sort it out, set it up like a dial up connection, with the "phone number" "0" and shou;d work fine!

Stuartli 00:10 15 Aug 2008

No, the "phone number" is:

As I stated, these are the VPI and VCI figures for the UK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 and 32 review – hands-on

When is the next Apple event?

Les meilleures séries Amazon Prime Video (2018)