speed test result variation

omhie2 13:37 20 Jan 2018

Different sites give different{consistently} speed test readings but 70mb difference seems excessive. Any explanation? Does Flash have anything to do with it?

[DELETED] 15:11 20 Jan 2018

I tend to use speedof.me these days, it doesn't use Java

wee eddie 15:17 20 Jan 2018

I know that your speed varies from moment to moment, depending on how many other people in your neighbourhood are actually downloading at the same time as the test is being run

Trumplin 22:51 27 Mar 2018

I advise you to use several sites to check the speed. For example I use this speedtest it shows the exact results and there is little advertising.

Govan1x 23:44 27 Mar 2018

Trumplin

Domain 1st Registered 2017-12-28 (3 months ago) Server Location Flag (EE) Estonia. is not in the UK

Can we trust it.

Forum Editor 10:28 28 Mar 2018

Govan1x

A speed test server does not have to be located in the UK to be effective.

mrcalif 11:01 28 Mar 2018

As I'm a BT Infinity customer I tend to use their BT Wholesale Speed Test site as it gives you your IP Profile.

Forum Editor 11:08 28 Mar 2018

mrcalif

Readers should be aware that you must have FlashPlayer installed before you can use that test.

mrcalif 11:29 28 Mar 2018

Very true. Adobe will still be supporting it till 2020. After that I just hope BT will change the site to HTML5 standard.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Iglooghost's hyper new music video gives a mutant take on Monument Valley

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Comment ajouter de la musique à une présentation Google Slides ?