SPEAKER VOLUME

parkhead 10:20 29 Jun 2008

Hello Wizards,

I listen to the radio on my office computer (at weekends!!!). It is a Dell with speakers built in. The volume is very low. I have gone into the Master Volume box and every control is set to maximum and all the 'balances' are in the middle. Is there anything else I can do to try to increase the volume?

Many thanks for your kind assistance.

Jim

Halmer 10:21 29 Jun 2008

Can you increase the volume on the software itself?

parkhead 10:28 29 Jun 2008

Hi Halmer,

How would I do that?

Jim

chub_tor 10:34 29 Jun 2008

Most laptops also have a manual way of changing the volume, my Toshiba has a little rotary control near the jacks on the front. My daughter's HP has + and - signs with an illuminated bar at the top of the keyboard. If you can't find a manual control, take a look at the Dell manual for your model, if you don't have a hard copy you should fing it on the Dell website.

parkhead 10:41 29 Jun 2008

Thanks a lot chub_tor. I'll have a look on the website for the manual.

Jim

Halmer 10:47 29 Jun 2008

How do you actually listen to it i.e. what software?

Halmer 10:50 29 Jun 2008

click here

you use the volume slider bar and round blue button in the top left hand corner.

parkhead 10:53 29 Jun 2008

Hi Halmer,

When I listen to Radio 5 it comes through Real Player and the volume is not too bad but could be improved.

When I listen to Magic Radio I just follow the links and I don't actually see what is playing the music although the volume is poor.

Is this any help? (I fear not.)

Jim

Halmer 11:12 29 Jun 2008

to see what I get with Magic Jim.

parkhead 11:15 29 Jun 2008

Thanks, Halmer.

Jim

Halmer 11:16 29 Jun 2008

Magic plays on mine with a similar bar at the top right hand corner (via Windows Media Player) with a blue volume button which can be adjusted.

H

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?