Speaker Plug Fittings

  TC27 11:03 24 Mar 2005

My sister was given a pair of speakers when she bought a second hand monitor, recently. Their fitting is the PC powered 3 pin male/female type socket. However, her pc doesn't support this type. (No bother as she has speakers already). Still, the monitor she got (Smile International) has the same style 3 pin power plugin cable on the back of it. Does anyone know if it would be possible to plug the power for the speakers between this & the monitor.The socket connections would fit, though I do not imagine whether that would work. I Do not wish to chance trying such without knowing.

Any ideas?

  Yoda Knight 11:09 24 Mar 2005

my brothers' setup is like that, but he has a T shaped adapter

  Alex359 11:11 24 Mar 2005

Is this a mains connection your talking about?

  TC27 11:20 24 Mar 2005

Their mains connection is the T' shaped 3 pin mains male plus female conntector.

  Yoda Knight 11:22 24 Mar 2005

thats the one ! yep, it works

  TC27 11:28 24 Mar 2005

Thank you very much for your response. Great!

I will try it when I go there, on Saturday. Will post the final outcome here.

Wishing you both a swell day.

  TC27 08:27 28 Mar 2005

Thank you both. It's "Sorted."


This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough, a non-profit against sexual misconduct

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)