Spam - Where is it coming from???

Gaz 25 19:22 05 Feb 2003

I have an e-mail address which I never use or have never disclosed, how did a spammer find this dormant e-mail I never use and spam it?

I also have 10 E-mail aliases which a spammer has found and spammed me even though I have never given this address out to anyone, never evemn online.

The message was from a Known Yahoo spammer and also a Lycos spammer.

Isn't it just so annoying, I just need some help in wondering how they got my address alias, it is not a Hotmail or Free account I am with supanet which claims thay do not let out any e-mail address>

Help please?

Thnaks

SpyMan²°°­­³ 19:48 05 Feb 2003

When you signed up for the mail service did you uncheck the box that says something to the effect of "uncheck this box if you do not wish to be contacted my 3rd party companies regarding services or promotions"

It is worth checking out your account details. The reason why i say this is that i was in the same predicament the other day and i looked on my account details and to be able to use mail forwarding for outlook express i had to leave the box checked which i was annoyed at.

The other thing is...is spyware. Spyware can log such as things as Email addresses you have used or even keystrokes. Might be worth you downloading a free Spyware detector and remover.

Graham

Gaz 25 20:29 05 Feb 2003

I have Flamewall Anti-Virus, Firewall, Tracking, tojan, spyware, adware, Content Filter which is regually updated and I have opted for the Pro version. Also Adaware 6 Plus, Spybot S&D, Spam filter (which olny lets u preview and delete and block senders before downloading), and many other things. I am a very security and privacy consious person, it is impossible for a cookie to be on my system anyway as I have set IE to ask what cookies to store and none are stored from Doubleclick and adtm, etc. Also I have a IE protect which stops IE from downloading serach bars and hijackers.

Not only that I know the dangers of some sitres and P2P programs, I never download just any free software or click on adds, not even sign-up for much.

But thanks anyway.

Nellie2 21:11 05 Feb 2003

spam spam spam......... click here try this for previewing and getting rid of unsolicited emails. You can bounce them back to the spammer and sooner or later they will get the message. I love it!!!!

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:15 05 Feb 2003

'have Flamewall Anti-Virus, Firewall, Tracking, tojan, spyware, adware, Content Filter which is regually updated and I have opted for the Pro version. Also Adaware 6 Plus, Spybot S&D, Spam filter (which only lets u preview and delete and block senders before downloading), and many other things'...../me + GCHQ faints.

G

Gaz 25 21:24 05 Feb 2003

I know, I am over the top. I love stoping the hackers and viruswriters and spammers from tracking or infecting me! LOL.

I just am a little to safe I think but best be safe than sorry when messing with the nasties of the net.

Sorry for making you faint!

LOL

Bye.

Gaz 25 21:26 05 Feb 2003

It will bounce back and all that, Oh and I also have Mailwasher,

I think I have every spam utility ever made.

lol

Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?