SPAM.

Micek 11:12 16 Feb 2006

Can anyone recommend an effective Spam killer which will work with BT Yahoo Mail?
Yahoo's own system merely parks suspected SPAM in a Bulk Folder, and its filter system is too hit and miss. It is easy enough to delete from Bulk but this does not stop repeats, of which I got no fewer than 6 this morning.Some of them are listed in the Yahoo filter, which stopped them for a few weeks only.
Ideally I want a killer that allows SPAM to be bounced back and gives the impression that my address is invalid - and which can work with Yahoo Mail.
Micek

harristweed 11:22 16 Feb 2006

Waste of time. Spammers use false return addresses so your bounce will just put more junk on the internet.

Worth a read. click here

6 in a morning, your lucky!
At one time I was upto 100 an hour.

spuds 11:26 16 Feb 2006

Do not bounce spam, as this will have no effect whatsoever on the sender of spam. This will only clog up a server system. Spam is sent out in the main as random mailshots, so it can be very hit a miss affair.

Have you considered Mailwaher click here or K9 click here

spuds 11:28 16 Feb 2006

Would agree with "6 in a morning,your lucky!".

Micek 14:27 16 Feb 2006

Many thanks to Harristweeds and Spuds for the quick reaction to my request.
The resulting leads have led me to an enormous wealth of information which will take a bit of time to read through and try out but I feel confident that by the end of that I will have the solution.
Micek

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?