SP3 for XP

Bagsey 16:31 24 Sep 2008

My son has just asked me if there is a mega problem with the SP3 for XP. He is haveing lots of trouble and cant find a fix. He is in Oman so a bit far away to get instant help. Keyboard and Mouse not functioning.Any ideas please.
Thanks in advance

Taff™ 16:57 24 Sep 2008

I`ve supervised at least a dozen installations of XP SP3 without a problem. What kind of keyboard and mouse is he using? Can he try another set?

provider 2 16:58 24 Sep 2008

Some more info would be useful. Is he running Norton AV:click here

Has he checked out Ms steps to take? click here

Has his machine an AMD processor?

john bunyan 18:38 24 Sep 2008

I would add: Has he read the other threads on this which cover the subject exhaustively? Some have had no trouble, others have. I had a problem with MCE and I suspect anti virus. Ask for his system details, make of machine and processor, and what firewall and anti virus software he is using and I am sure the problem can be solved. Do read the other threads as this question keeps coming up and I wonder why no one seems to look at the data on the system.

Bagsey 22:15 25 Sep 2008

Hi Everyone Sorry for being so long in replying. It would appear tha he has found other troubles which I am told make it necessary for a rebuild so I will close this thread down. Thanks to you people for your initial help. If and when I learn more I will post back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

How to use 3D Touch on iPhone

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?