SP2 Problem

Pamy 17:55 26 Aug 2004

Hello everyone,
I too have downloaded and installed SP2 but I have a problem.

The install went OK eccept that I do not now have a mouse. Any suggestions would be appreciated before I have to go back to a point before the download.

Pamy

Djohn 18:08 26 Aug 2004

Go into device manager and remove the mouse driver, reboot your PC and it should find and install the driver for you. j.

Pamy 18:39 26 Aug 2004

thanks Djohn for your help, but how do I go there without a mouse?

Pamy

Pamy 18:52 26 Aug 2004

further advice neaded.

Pamy

powerless 18:57 26 Aug 2004

Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager,

Use the tab key, arrow keys.

MIke 19:02 26 Aug 2004

Good question. Youi can navigate as far as device manager by using keyboard shortcuts. windows key brings up start menu, then arrow keys will navigate you to highlight control panel, within control panel you can open system in same way. when yo get the list of devices use tab key to pc icon then use down arrow key get to mouse, right arrow key will act like you clicking on the + sign, down arrow to highlight the mouse you have connected. alta will bring up action menu, arrow down to uninstall then enter

MIke 19:03 26 Aug 2004

Good question. Youi can navigate as far as device manager by using keyboard shortcuts. windows key brings up start menu, then arrow keys will navigate you to highlight control panel, within control panel you can open system in same way. when yo get the list of devices use tab key to highlight pc icon then use down arrow key to highlight mouse and other pointing devices, right arrow key will act like you clicking on the + sign, down arrow to highlight the mouse you have connected. alta will bring up action menu, arrow down to uninstall then enter

MIke 19:04 26 Aug 2004

Good question. Youi can navigate as far as device manager by using keyboard shortcuts. windows key brings up start menu, then arrow keys will navigate you to highlight control panel, within control panel you can open system in same way. when yo get the list of devices use tab key to highlight pc icon then use down arrow key to highlight mouse and other pointing devices, right arrow key will act like you clicking on the + sign, down arrow to highlight the mouse you have connected. alt+a will bring up action menu, arrow down to uninstall then enter

MIke 19:05 26 Aug 2004

oops how did I manage three responses!!

Djohn 19:15 26 Aug 2004

You managed to answer three times while I was trying to find the right combination after, Windows key/control panel/ system..... :o(

Pamy 19:19 26 Aug 2004

thanks powerless and Mike,
I will try what you suggest. This will take me some time but I will report back.

Pamy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?