Sound problems

Bob Bob™ 21:01 25 Aug 2005

For some reason my sound works but the volume control on the bottom left of the screen has on control over the volume.
Whats wrong?

Bob Bob™ 22:11 25 Aug 2005

The first three comments were about something totally different to the topic.

Once that was sorted everything was fine. Its just the first one that I was on about.

mole:
I will try that now

VoG II 22:12 25 Aug 2005

Re-install the keyboard drivers from the disk or have the controls never worked?

I'm sorry but I am intrigued by your statement re Excel and I would like to know why you think that this positioning of the taskbar is necessary/convenient for use with Excel.

Bob Bob™ 22:22 25 Aug 2005

The keyboard controls work but are made useless by the problem with the volume controller.When I press mute on the keyboard the muted icon will come up to the taskbar but my music still plays at the same volume.

Reinstalling the sound card drivers did not work.

I use Excel allot and a friend of mine have the taskbar set vertically because he said he then can see more cells and it save time scrolling down. Personally I don’t think it saves much time but I am going to give it a chance anyway.
Sorry for lashing out but this problem has been around ever since I installed Windows and it has frustrated me a lot.

VoG II 22:35 25 Aug 2005

In Excel there is absolutely no value in doing that. You see one more row but one less column.

If you are using Windows XP Control Panel, System, Hardware tab, Device Manager, Sound Video and Games Controllers. Check each and update the drivers.

Bob Bob™ 23:02 25 Aug 2005

Whan I update the drivers it says it could not find a better match

Sans le Sou 23:09 25 Aug 2005

I think what is meant is You have to find the latest drivers from the audio card web site and install them,thus updating to the latest version.
What sound card do you have?

woodchip 23:15 25 Aug 2005

If your Keyboard controls the sound then Reload the Keyboard Drivers

Bob Bob™ 11:04 26 Aug 2005

The Dell one that came with my PC. I wil check Dell's site for updates.
The keyboard is meant to control the sound and it does look like it is raising and lowering the volume on the volume controler but since that seems to have been bypassed it does not work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?