Sound problems

Bob Bob™ 21:01 25 Aug 2005

For some reason my sound works but the volume control on the bottom left of the screen has on control over the volume.
Whats wrong?

Jackcoms 21:46 25 Aug 2005

When you right click on the volume control icon you should have an option "Adjust Audio Properties".

Choose that and under Volume check that mute is not ticked and Device Volume is set to high.

Now click on Speaker Volume and set both speakers to high.

Bob Bob™ 21:51 25 Aug 2005

No. The volume did not change.

ps. I am not haveing problems that the volume seems to be muted all the time. The PC volume seems to be bypassing the volume control and I can only change the volume be the speakers.

Bob Bob™ 21:55 25 Aug 2005

Sorry taht was unclear.

The PC's volume seems to stuck at one point. Windows volume control seems to have been bypassed therefore totally useless. I can only change volume by the speakers built in control. which is annoying.

Jackcoms 21:55 25 Aug 2005

"I can only change the volume be the speakers".

So why worry any more?

I only ever change the volume by the speakers. Why mess about with fiddly controls on the task bar?

You CAN change the volume, so what's the problem?

mole44 22:01 25 Aug 2005

reinstall your sound card drivers.this should set your sound to original settings.

Bob Bob™ 22:03 25 Aug 2005

Well I got a keyboard with volume controls and they are USELESS. Sorry for the attitude but I have a problem and I want is fixed. I don’t want any talk about why I have my taskbar on the left to suit Excel or that I can change the volume with the speaker and whets my problem.
I want the problem fixed not compromises like You CAN change the volume, so what's the problem?

I am surprised with the difference of quality of help you get here in a couple of months.

So please tell me how the get the PC’s volume control working.

Jackcoms 22:06 25 Aug 2005

People have been trying to help you since 21:00.

If you now start ranting at us, you won't get any help.

Bob Bob™ 22:07 25 Aug 2005

Whenever I go into the properties of my audio codecs and drivers the driver useage part is shaded and I am unable to do anything with it.

Jackcoms 22:07 25 Aug 2005

Jackcoms 22:08 25 Aug 2005

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HTC U12 Plus review: Hands-on

Best Android emulators for Mac

TV & Streaming : comment regarder Roland Garros ?