Sound problem in browsers, but works after restart

Shahriar005 17:10 28 Mar 2019

Hi there,

I am having a weird problem recently. I installed an SSD and setup windows 10, 1 week ago. I have two users on this PC. One for me and one for my children. Everything works fine, but when I shut down the computer and then start it and switch the account then the sounds on Youtube gets muted. But then if I restart the PC the sounds get back. How to solve this issue? Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

Shahriar.

theDarkness 21:06 28 Mar 2019

Other users seem to have had a similar issue, although I cannot say if it is directly related to the ssd installation. Right click on the start button and select device manager. Scroll down to 'sound, video and game controllers' drivers to update or uninstall only the sound driver, by right clicking on it. After this is finished you can restart to test. Windows should update your system with the required driver if you choose to uninstall and restart. If not then you may need to browse to your soundcard manufacturer's homepage for the required drivers or update software.

Shahriar005 08:03 29 Mar 2019

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried uninstall the sound driver and reinstall it, update it to the latest version and still the problem exists. After I start the PC and login to other user account the sound is not working only on browsers. And if I restart the PC it works OK then.

Note: If I start the PC and login to the user from which I shutdown last, there isn't any problem.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the Huawei Mate 30 launch live: Munich, September 19

Pantone has invented 294 new colours

iOS 13 release date, time & new features

Google Pixel 4 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs