sorry not pc but tv related

pookie 12:53 03 Apr 2006

hi guys

sorry this is not pc related - hope not abuse of the forum.

i moved into a house about 2 years ago which has a sky dish outside and the cabling coming into the living room - no box. for info i can't get freeview in my area / or channel 5. I have never had sky. i don't fancy paying monthly for channels but have looked at freesat (via sky). however you get no reduction in the £150 one off cost even if you have your own dish. do you know what i could buy box wise to allow me to get channel 5 and freesat channels? do i need a card? or should i just pay £150 for freesat. as yet i don't know if the dish the house has actully works!! but it looks quite new.
i'm not after new films or premiership football - just some childrens some sport and sky new some films.

many thanks

P

BRYNIT 19:30 03 Apr 2006

The cheapest way would be to sign up for the basic package click here.

It will cost you £7.00 for the first 3 months then 15.00 per month. Dish, box and card supplied with 12 month warrentee. After a quick calculation this will cost you £156 for the year but you must remember to cancell towords the end of the 12 months giving a months notice. After cancelation you can use the box for free view channels.

Remember to read the T&C before ordering click here

Digital 21:45 03 Apr 2006

Pookie, have a look here: click here

pookie 21:50 15 Apr 2006

hi guys

as an update i got freesat. just as well as the exisitng old dish with the house was not working at all when the engineer came to install his new dish - the old dish is waiting for the skip. channels and reception are great. reception in all other tvs in house is now so much better.

quick query - i can't find all the freesat channels listed under 'all channels' in sky. there is a part where you can search for other channels by entering frequecny and other bits and then searching. i've looked on sky website but can't find the frequency info, etc for these other channels - do you have a link which lists sky channels frequencies etc. also, purely out of interest, is there a way to 'unlock' some channels by entering the frequencies eg sky movies?? just a thought.

many thanks and have a great easter break.

P

Stuartli 22:15 15 Apr 2006

>>is there a way to 'unlock' some channels by entering the frequencies eg sky movies?? just a thought.>>

That's all it should be - a thought.

pookie 22:21 15 Apr 2006

thanks - as i said it was out of curiousity really - sky gives you the options to add in frequencies and the search for chanels - i was just asking if by entering the correct numbers that other chanels not available to freesat could be viewed.

take care

P

Stuartli 22:29 15 Apr 2006

Then it wouldn't be an FTA (Free To Air) service...:-)

pookie 22:39 15 Apr 2006

point taken - i am irish so you have to make allowances!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Far Cry New Dawn preview

Adobe buys Substance Painter and Designer to bring 3D tools to Creative Cloud

How to stop your iPhone, iPad or Mac getting hacked

Comment regarder les Oscars 2019 ?