sophos anti-virus programme

mewshu 23:46 21 Jan 2004

i am running a sophos anti-virus programme on windows xp it shows 4 errors with this file is corrupt , what do i do ADD REMOVE OR EDIT ??? Iam scanning c drive

johnnyrocker 23:48 21 Jan 2004

is it saying sophos is corrupt or finding files that are corrupt?

johnny.

mewshu 23:51 21 Jan 2004

it says file corrupt

johnnyrocker 23:54 21 Jan 2004

which files sophos or on board, if it is sophos i had a similar message this morning re my avg and i uninstalled and re installed maybe you need to do the same?

johhny.

mewshu 00:17 22 Jan 2004

sophop is fine the errors are in my c drive i am sure.

Jester2K 07:27 22 Jan 2004

Hi.

Please note we cannot see your PC. Whilst you might know what "this file" and "it" refer to, we don't.

johnnyrocker is asking is Sophos is reporting a Sophos Anti Virus file is corrupt or a file Sophos has FOUND is corrupt.

Please tell us EXACTLY what the message says. What is the name of the file that is corrupt? What else does the message say?

mewshu 22:52 22 Jan 2004

jonnyrocker
as jester2k so kindly pointed out i should of told u a total of 11 files sophos has found is corrupt . it dose not tell which ones ,but they are in my c drive please help as i am a computer novice and i dont know what to do .
cheers mewshu

mewshu 22:52 22 Jan 2004

jonnyrocker
as jester2k so kindly pointed out i should of told u a total of 11 files sophos has found is corrupt . it dose not tell which ones ,but they are in my c drive please help as i am a computer novice and i dont know what to do .
cheers mewshu

holligan 08:52 23 Jan 2004

holligan 13:08 23 Jan 2004

trying to help a friend in need

kult 13:35 23 Jan 2004

I Run sophos at work and on several of the machines errors have come up saying corrupt file. It is usually something to do with internet explorer.

I just ignore them, as long as your machine is running as you want it then I wouldn't worry. Do a virus scan with the latest update just to be sure that nothing has infected your system. If it comes back clean then carry on as normal.

I've deleated the files before but they where only temp file made when surfing the net.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?