Sony Vaio all-in-one, keyboard not responding

Pablo44 16:40 14 Dec 2015

My Sony PC is running Windows 8.1 - Model is SVL2412M1EB

When starting up the PC a start screen appears which requires a keyboard input (like pressing the Esc key) to take me to the Windows log-in screen. This suddenly stopped working and I am now stuck on that initial screen and cannot get any further. I have checked and replaced the batteries in the keyboard and the mouse but no change.

I have also tried plugging in a USB keyboard and that didn't respond either. Everything else seems to be working fine and Windows seems to continue loading but I cannot access anything as the screen is stuck on the initial image.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pablo2015

PS The keyboard antenna light flashes orange (which I think it did before too) but the mouse doesn't light up at all

difarn 16:46 15 Dec 2015

Do your mouse and keyboard need to have the wireless connection re-set? I'm not sure how this is done with your model. Some models work by turning off the mouse then holding the central wheel down whilst switching it back on, holding it in front of the screen. Similarly for the keyboard but pressing the right control key while pressing the on button.

Have you tried restoring to a previous period in time when everything worked ok?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Red Dead Online release date and gameplay news

Create a glowing superhero

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures prises CPL