Sony Memory stick

TOFF 11:20 11 Dec 2003

I recently took some photos on my Sony DSC F717 which I reviewed. Later in the day, my battery ran out and for some reason, when I got home all the day's photos (but not pre-existing ones) had vanished. The camera does not have its own memory so far as I know but wonder if there is any way that I might be able to recover the lost images. Does the memory stick have a hidden directory or something like that?
Any advice gratefully received.

Mollo 14:11 11 Dec 2003

I use a Sony Cybershot and exactly the same type of Memory stick I also use the Sony mouse/memory stick reader. When I put a memory stick in the reader it appears in Windows explorer as "Removable disc(E:)" which is expanded to show several folders. Still images are held in the folder "DCIM/100MSDCF". Hope this helps

Chisman 14:45 11 Dec 2003

I use a Sony DSC-P9 and never experienced any problems like this. The memory stick is effectively "hard drive". So once a photo has been taken it is saved in the "DCIM/100MSDCF" directory and only erased whe manually deleted or memory stick formatted. I browse this directory directly from the camera - using Windows XP and my USB connector.
Sounds like a strange one - good luck and let us know how you get on.

TOFF 14:53 11 Dec 2003

Thanks guys. I have got to where you are. Am trying a direct query with Sony also. Is there a forum?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?