Sony Camera

dogbreath1 11:01 08 Sep 2006

I connected a Sony DSC-P10 camera to my PC. It was 'seen' and installed in the usual P+P fashion. It is visible in Device Manager but not in Explorer. Any ideas please?

dogbreath1 10:23 09 Sep 2006

Thanks for that, but I don't recall installing a driver and my daughter can copy/move images from the camera on her XP machine (without drivers). I'm sure that it should respond in the same way as any other drive or mass storage device.

Any more ideas please?

dogbreath1 11:30 09 Sep 2006

No warnings in device manager.

Hidden files are already shown.

Thanks, db.

dogbreath1 11:35 09 Sep 2006

The camera USB mode is set to 'NORMAL' (I'm not shouting, LOL, it's just that's how it appears on the camera back screen!)

Works great on my daughters PC, but not on mine.

Is there a limit to the number of drives you have displayed in Explorer? I've got a whole bunch of 'em!

woodchip 12:16 09 Sep 2006

If you have a Card Reader built in to comp these show as Removable drives also the camera will be in among that lot. Click on each to see

dogbreath1 13:09 09 Sep 2006

XP SP2.

It's connected to a powered hub (currently, the camera is also on charge and connected by USB, this not working either).

Doesn't need a driver (per Gongoozler and the fact that it can be seen by my daughters XP PC)

Cheers, db.

dogbreath1 13:21 09 Sep 2006

I have a card reader built unto an 'all-in-one' printer, copier, fax, scanner (hp psc 2210), but not into my PC.

Cheers, db.

woodchip 13:51 09 Sep 2006

so what are all the drives at the bottom in win-explorer

dogbreath1 14:09 09 Sep 2006

My drive list is as follows:-

A - Floppy
C - INT HDD Primary Partition (63GB)
D - Benq CDRW
E - INT HDD Secondary Partition (57GB)
F - Plextor DVDRW
G - EXT HDD Lacie (160GB)
H - EXT HDD Bufallo (300GB)
K - EXT HDD Bufallo (300GB)

dogbreath1 16:06 09 Sep 2006

It's not a USB cable issue.

Right Click My Computer>Manage>Disk Management>Right Click Camera Card (shows as healthy but doesn't have a drive letter allocated)>Change Drive Letter And Paths...>Choose The Offered Drive Letter>Exit

That then enabled the drive to be seen in Explorer (but not My Computer!). All images were present on the stick...but,

...on turning off the camera and then on again, the allocated letter was not recognised as a valid drive even in Explorer and following the above sequence displayed a drive in Disk without an allocated letter!

Oh joy!!

Any more ideas please??

dogbreath1 09:59 11 Sep 2006

Thanks guys.

Will try both those and get back.

The remapping option sounds very promising.

Cheers, db.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

Best Black Friday deals for designers and artists 2018

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)