Sonic (Benq) versus Nero 6?

Diemmess 15:14 04 Sep 2005

A bit Catch 22 really!

Have a 2K system happily running Nero 5.5.10.56 which was originally bundled with a LiteOn CD R/RW.

Recently, I added a Benq DVD DD DW1620 which with its bundled software was OK for reading DVDs. Today I decided to burn a lot of data with it. Starting to install Benq's 'Sonic' (DVD writing software) the program wanted to remove Nero first.

I cancelled and ran Nero noting that it offered DVD burning if I chose the Benq device. I wandered through the Wizard up to the point where I pressed the burn button ...... straight away the message "Nero will only work on the device it was bundled with."

I like Nero, am used to it and would like to stay with it, but it looks as though either -----

[1] I will have to buy the latest Nero 6 or (Nero Reloaded)

or [2] remove Nero, install Sonic and hope that will fully replace the nero I like?

Which way should I jump?

Taff36 15:26 04 Sep 2005

Anyone you know got OEM Nero v6? That should work.

pj123 15:43 04 Sep 2005

You can buy Nero version 6 from: click here for £3.49 plus postage.

That is where I got mine from and since then I have updated it to the latest version 6.6.0.16 on the Nero website for free.

I did post a response to someone else on this subject but due to the absence of My Postings I can't find it now.

Diemmess 17:23 04 Sep 2005

An obliging person has come to my rescue

Diemmess 18:07 07 Sep 2005

Taff came to my rescue and pj's update idea worked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?