Is this something with XP home sp2

alltime 20:30 17 Mar 2006

When i start my main pc up and the laptop, the icons come on the screen, but it takes about a minute before the tv icon appears and you can connect to the internet. Is this usual with xp home and sp2 ?.

woodchip 20:33 17 Mar 2006

It deppends what is loading at start. It sounds like you are on Dial-Up. I may be wrong

alltime 20:36 17 Mar 2006

Hi Woodchip, hope your well, Havent been on the site for a while. Anyway no im on Bt broadband 2 meg.

woodchip 20:42 17 Mar 2006

Your connection should be on all the time if you leave it plugged in.

ME I am made up with cold, since a week Thursday.

PS you can see what is in startup bu going to Run and type MSCONFIG go to startup tab see what's ticked

mammak 20:43 17 Mar 2006

Hi I am with BT BB cant say I have noticed the delay on the connection icon if this what your meaning? are you on a home network with router maybe your laptop is wireless that might cause a delay in the connection only a thought.

alltime 21:44 17 Mar 2006

Thanks for the replys, I think its all the programmes loaded in start up. ive unticked a few of the uninportant things (or which i think are) and it seems a lot quicker. Is there anyway or running a cleanup.
PS Woodchip sorry to hear your under the cold, you need a few glasses of red wine !!! lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 and 32 review – hands-on

When is the next Apple event?

Qu’est-ce qu’Amazon Prime ?