something died on me

puma22 14:58 18 Dec 2005

Hi, I have a Dlink wireless ADSL router and a dlink airplus G wireless connector with BT broadband basic. Everything was working fine yesterday morning. Left pc, came back to find that i could nto connect to the internet. Tried tweaking lots of settings (put back to original when didnt work).
I have managed to 'solve' this by reinstalling the original bt voyager 105 modem. Connected Ok. I then unplugged this and have gone back to my dlink set up. I can now connect to the internet and everything seems fine.

After all this, my question is what went wrong yesterday so that if it happens again i can put it right?

Cheers

Forum Editor 15:10 18 Dec 2005

"Tried tweaking lots of settings" and I wonder if you tried the most basic - and usually most effective - tweak, that of powering down the router for about three minutes, and then restarting?

Around 90% of all failed connection problems are cured by rebooting routers. Try disconnecting the router from the ADSL phone line as well during this process.

puma22 17:14 18 Dec 2005

FE, that sounds a lot easier than changing the modem! Inadvertantly thats probabley what i did as I unplugged it all to switch modems.
Thanksfor the suggestion

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)