Some settings are managed by your organization Win

anna789 14:59 16 Aug 2018

I had reset my PC and router modem. I suspected it was infected.

Soon later a window appeared asking me to update Windows and I clicked on another time. It was different than usual and it usually doesn't ask me to update(I guess) so I went to settings and found this: click here read this could be a virus. I didn't enable anything*and had just reset it) and I own my own home PC and network.

I had left the WIFI on an android I suspected was infected on, I wasn't able to connect before to WIFI on the mentioned android before as I had forgotten the PW and had left it on, but when the router resets I think the original WIFI connection doesn't require a PW to connect, and my PC was connected the same time as the android. Via cable I think, but when router goes to default, the wireless isolation is not on. So it could have infected my PC..

Here's a pic: (I could not find Diagnostics and Usage Data under Feedback and Diagnostics to check if it was on enhanced or not)

click here for opening gpedit.msc:

click here seem to find it..

So, I don't know how this could have happened as I did not change anything. I would really like to find out what caused it and would so appreciate your help.. Possibly sooner.. Thanks!!!

href

I

Also:

As Can;t

rdave13 18:08 16 Aug 2018

As you've deferred Windows Update you'll get that message. As for the Group Policy Editor it's disabled in Windows 10 home version.

Taff™ 18:18 16 Aug 2018

This is a Windows 10 glitch! Seen dozens of times. Do the next two updates, rebooting after each one as directed. It will disappear just as quick as it came.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

Print legends Dan Mumford and Supermundane on making the leap from 2D to AR

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs