Software suggestions needed to burn mp3 discs

Faser 11:48 05 Aug 2003

Hi,
My problem is I am trying to find software that will allow me to rip music cds to mp3 and then edit and burn them to disc as mp3.
I have downloaded the excellent Free Rip and can create mp3 files, however I have to burn them as data files making editing more difficult.
I do not need or want a huge expensive cd burning package (Easy CD etc.) any ideas!

JoeC 12:25 05 Aug 2003

Windows Media Player ?
Go to
click here

Download the fichier ra-codec12.zip (883 kb) and double click setuplc3.exe to get MP3 capablities in WMP.

Also, on the same page, download the MP3.reg file to edit the registry for you.

JoeC 12:28 05 Aug 2003
  DieSse 13:24 05 Aug 2003

"can create mp3 files, however I have to burn them as data files"

Don't quite understand you - mp3 files ARE data files - so they are burned as data files.

Faser 17:34 09 Aug 2003

Thanks for advice, I can now easily edit my play lists before burning them to disc as Mp3 using Media player.( I do realise that all files are data).
Or so I thought! When I play the disc on my PC the tracks and albums are in the order I selected. However media player is burning the disc in numerical and then alphabetical order from the file names (All #1 tracks from each album first then all #2 and so on)
This is a problem when I use them on dvd players etc. I have noticed the PC is doing this with all files does anyone know how to change this?

Ben Avery 17:36 09 Aug 2003

If you use Nero Buring ROM or Nero Express, there is a very simple interface which has an mp3 cd option and you can juggle the order and I think it may even convert them for you!

BA

krypt1c 19:19 09 Aug 2003

And you can get a cheapo OEM copy of Nero 5.5 from
click here
with a supplied registration key

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HTC U12 Plus review: Hands-on

There's a new Gradient tool coming to Adobe Illustrator

Best Android emulators for Mac

Les drôles de questions à poser à votre assistant Google Home