Software to scan and correct photos - recommendati

alternator 10:34 27 Sep 2008

I would be grateful for any input for a recommendation of software for scanning my hundreds of photos into my computer to transfer to DVD. I am running XPsp3 and have an Epson 1200 photo perfection. The scanner was originally operating on Win (I can't remember what) but when I uprgaded to XP none of the included software worked with XP and needless to say they wouldn't give me an upgade. so the scanner has been out of use for a while. I have connected it up and updated the drivers from Epson and it all works fine.
What ideally I would like is a recommendation from someone who has done this. I have B&W and colour negs., slides and prints. I would like to be able to do some correction if required.

Belatucadrus 12:17 27 Sep 2008

Try Photofiltre click here not the most fully featured art/photo program available, but if you don't need layer support and want a nice compact bit of software that does pretty much all the basics then it's a very very good start.

Bagsey 12:31 27 Sep 2008

Try Irfanview from
click here
it is free and will do what you want.
I use Paintshop Pro and there is little difference between the two.

sunny staines 12:32 27 Sep 2008

if you have MS Office the hidden photo editor is good

alternator 12:46 27 Sep 2008

Thanks guys big help, I wasn't expecting freeware to be available all the better I will give them both a try.
Sorry Sunny am trying to ween myself off MS

eedcam 14:04 27 Sep 2008

Try Serif photoplus 6 its free and does do layers which are a must for decent editing .It has its own tutorialsinclude towalkyouthrough using them
click here

alternator 17:32 27 Sep 2008

.nm

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?