Software To Repair Corrupted Jpeg images

RobCharles1981 12:17 26 Dec 2015

Hi all,

Merry Christmas to you all....

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any free software that repairs corrupt jpeg images? To Repair ones like this: click here

Thanks Rob

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:54 26 Dec 2015

Best way is to have a backup.

It looks like half the file is missing.

click here

RobCharles1981 14:20 26 Dec 2015

Great software it works is it free to register?

Secret-Squirrel 16:42 26 Dec 2015

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any free software...........

If the photos are on a PC and its running Windows 7 then you may not need any extra software. Simply right-click on an affected file and choose "Restore Previous Versions". If any other versions are available then select the best one and click on "Restore", or "Copy" if you'd prefer not to overwrite the original. The same tip works for entire folders too.

RobCharles1981 17:50 26 Dec 2015

I do need the software, these photos where recovered by file recovery software Easus Data Recovery Fuit Bats link points me on right lines but it seems that I have to pay to use the software!

Secret-Squirrel 18:26 26 Dec 2015

........these photos where recovered by file recovery software Easus Data Recovery......

Ah, if the files are incomplete then I can't see how JPEG-recovery software can help.

RobCharles1981 22:11 26 Dec 2015

Fruit Bat had the right lines so I'm looking for similar software that can fix the issue.

rdave13 23:50 26 Dec 2015

If you've tried a recovery software and you still have the original files then I agree with Secret-Squirrel .

Try recuva - free to recover the original files but create a destination folder first, preferably not on the same drive or partition.

If I remember rightly it will give the options on which types of files it needs to recover and that will speed up the process.

rdave13 00:16 27 Dec 2015

To add injury to my insult , have a look at this thread and *Fruit Bat /\0/* 's link to CampicRestore .

Nontek 's instructions are there.

rdave13 00:18 27 Dec 2015
  RobCharles1981 09:01 28 Dec 2015

Sorry rdave13 the suggestions that you provided won't work, I recovered the photos a few months ago, I found the "free" software that the software that Fruit Bat Provided, but it seems the "repaired"files are making them into "thumbnails" is there anyway around that?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Inside the concept art behind Nicolas Cage's most bizarre film, Mandy

MacBook Air 2018 review

Comment supprimer un compte Facebook ?