Software recommendations needed please

Bluesmoon 23:07 05 Jul 2006

Hello - I wonder if anyone could give me some ideas. I have recently had to have a clean instal on my PC. Whilst most of my data was saved I lost all my programs. I have managed to find/download/instal most of them and am nearly back up and running as I was before however there are a few I can find and this is where I would like you advice as I can't remember what these were:
A reminder that popped up when I switched on my PC to remind me of important events
A CD store - put CD in PC and it would read CD listing all tracks
Same for DVD movies
Also I had files encrypted and though I have reinstalled Universal Shield still can't decrypt the files as it does not recognise the files are encrypted (if you see what I mean)
I am sure there will be more that I haven't missed until I come to use them but if anyone could recommend anything like the above I would be really grateful.
Thanks a lot

Jackcoms 11:18 06 Jul 2006

"A reminder that popped up when I switched on my PC to remind me of important events"

Isn't that MS Outlook or another diary program?

DieSse 16:57 06 Jul 2006

There's loads of free pop-up reminder programs, examples

click here

click here

more if you google ... reminder popup freeware ...

CD & DVD cataloguers here

click here

more if you google ... cd contents list freeware ...

DieSse 17:00 06 Jul 2006

Universal Sheild click here says if you registered you get unlimited technical support - so why not ask them how to solve this problem.

VoG II 22:20 06 Jul 2006

A few here click here

R.C.M. 10:37 07 Jul 2006

Sorry about the pun - Can someone give me advice on how to stop a text box from moving when you hit return?

I am making a 24 page document some pages have a text box and some don't. If I go back and change part of a previous page [say page 4] then the following 10 pages contents move the same as the amended page [4] thus putting heading etc further down the page.

I hope someone can understand the above rambling, and can explain how I can stop this.

Many thanks.

R.C.M. 10:38 07 Jul 2006

I did not mean to highjack your thread - I'm a silly old fart.

Bluesmoon 08:12 08 Jul 2006

No Problem R.C.M. - aren't we all!
Jackcoms - a lot of diary programs send emails as reminders, I need it much more in my face than that!
DieSse - yes I have been in touch with Universal Shield and have received lots of advice from them - they have been very helpful (but still haven't solved the problem)
VoG - this will keep me busy on a rainy Sunday afternoon!
Thank you all for your ideas. I am sure I will find what I want amongst these downloads and at least you have pointed the way in Google - sometimes I don't even know the questions to ask! Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?