Smart thermostat to trigger remote switch

Dumdoc 17:26 29 Aug 2018

Does anyone know of a smart thermostat that will switch a smart plug over wifi? I have an Amazon Echo hub... I've contacted hive and nest, but they won't answer this question since it is outside normal operation of their heating control systems.

hastelloy 08:25 31 Aug 2018

Is this what you mean Active plug?

Dumdoc 09:21 31 Aug 2018

Yes. I’m not sure if that particular one is Wi-Fi or z wave, but yes, I want a thermostat that will switch one of those over Wi-Fi...

hastelloy 11:42 31 Aug 2018

The Hive ones work through the router (I think it's wi-fi). There are also these Sockets but I don't know what their range is.

Dumdoc 12:09 31 Aug 2018

The socket is not the problem - I have those already, and a Wi-Fi hub in the form of amazon echo. The problem is finding a thermostat that will communicate with the socket...

Dumdoc 19:35 31 Aug 2018

Yes IFTTT is a possible solution that I hadn’t though of.. thanks!

compumac 20:27 31 Aug 2018

Spam???

Dumdoc 00:23 01 Sep 2018

Anyone called Sinclair C5 has to be genuine!

compumac 07:45 01 Sep 2018

Queen Victoria:-

"Methinks thou dost protest too heartily"

Dumdoc 08:20 01 Sep 2018

Methinks you should attribute that quote to William Shakespeare (actually “The lady doth protest too much, methinks”) spoken by Queen Gertrude in Hamlet.

compumac 09:12 01 Sep 2018

Methinks that you are correct.

I stand corrected, albeit I understand that Victoria did make the observation.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)