Small stutters and small freezes

Thomas Christopher Davies 17:32 26 Aug 2018

Hey there,

for some time now I have this weird problem that I sometimes have short freezes. For instance when I type the cursor will just stop and for a second it will buffer my keyboardinput and just releases it when the freeze stops.

Same goes when playing, which is even far worse. When I play starcraft 2 a second of freeze is just unacceptable. I have literally no idea whats causing this. I tested my RAM with memtest, removed all harddrives except my M.2, tried with intel integrated graphics, tried different displays with different settings without success.

I use the latest Windows 10 Version. All drivers installed are from the manufacturers and windows is freshly installed

My setup is:

asrock z370 extreme4
Intel i7 8700k (not overclocked)
G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-2300 DIMM CL16-18-18-38
be quiet pure power 10 600watt
MSI Geforce GTX 1080ti Twin Frozr
Main Harddrive is Samsung 960EVO 500gb

My last freeze even gave me the sound of USB disconnecting. I don't see any related errors or events in the event-manager of windows.

How can I track whats causing this down?

Could it possibly be the mainboard having some failure on hardwarelevel?

Cheers, Thomas

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

Adobe's groundbreaking prototypes of new features and apps for Creative Cloud

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Quel est le meilleur Fitbit pour votre enfant ?