Slow or no Connection to IE7

birdface 19:46 25 Nov 2007

Hi,I am getting slow or no connection to IE7,Not all the time,But a pain in the backside nevertheless,click here See if that shows or,probably not.Just says no connection to server.or to many programs open,and that is the only one that I have tried.I thought it might be the modem[Virgin] as it just sits there with the four lights not moving or occasionally moving .Anybody tell me if this is more likely to be an IE7 .Or a Modem problem,Had the engineer out during the week to sort the telly,He also checked the cable going into the Modem and said the signal was Ok.At 25p a minute I don't really want to be phoning Virgin I already told them that I needed a new Modem ,But was told to phone them back when the problem started again,But because this is a sporadic problem it is hard to pin down,Apart from moving servers,Anybody got any other Idea's

Paul M 19:58 25 Nov 2007

Have you had IE7 long? - if you think it may be IE7 causing the problem, go to add/remove programs and remove it - it will then automatically revert to IE6 - worth a try.

birdface 19:59 25 Nov 2007

No,that click here did not work,It was just the unable to connect to server page,

birdface 20:02 25 Nov 2007

I had problems at the beginning of the month not being able to open my home page only, So I went back to IE6 then re-installed IE7 again,But a good Idea if it works better,May try it if all else fails. Thanks.

Halmer 20:13 25 Nov 2007

as an alternative?

click here

I think that it is excellent!

birdface 20:23 25 Nov 2007

Yes thanks,I tried Firefox but the constant blue background that you get on this site put me off and I uninstalled it.,I also tried Opera and that was worse.So reverted back to IE7 so I have a choice Slow browsing with IE7 or blue background with FireFox,I also found FireFox a bit slow at times as well.That it why I thought it was the Modem that was the problem.I dont suppose there is any way of checking that is there.

birdface 19:07 26 Nov 2007

Hi,Still getting the same problem.I don't know if it's a Virgin.IE7.Or Modem problem.But with IE7 I keep getting cut off when trying to open new pages,No connection to server it says. It makes me double post a lot.Anyone any Idea's.msconfig is fine.I have Avg-Anti-Virus and A Squared.Also SpywareBlaster WinPatrol.And mcAfee Site Advisor.+ Kerio Firewall.And mostly Microsoft Programs and up-Dates in Add-Remove.

birdface 19:08 26 Nov 2007

Hi,Still getting the same problem.I don't know if it's a Virgin.IE7.Or Modem problem.But with IE7 I keep getting cut off when trying to open new pages,No connection to server it says. It makes me double post a lot.Anyone any Idea's.msconfig is fine.I have Avg-Anti-Virus and A Squared.Also SpywareBlaster WinPatrol.And mcAfee Site Advisor.+ Kerio Firewall.And mostly Microsoft Programs and up-Dates in Add-Remove.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

How to use 3D Touch on iPhone

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?