Slipstream xp another try

[DELETED] 23:28 03 Feb 2005

Ok,i am going to give this another try but im not holding out any hope,lol i can get the files
on the hard drive i can open the run box and i type in the command,ok all is fine the sp2 file opens in Temp folder on my F drive (the 2 files are on my C drive) it runs through then i get this error:

Failed to copy some or all of the files necessery for intergrated install

Please make sure that:

A,No network copy errors ocured during the integration process

B,The format of the instalation directory is correct the files to be intergrated must reside in an i386 folder and/or ia64 or nec98 directory.
I have ran it 4 times and every time i get the same error is there a way to fix this?

[DELETED] 11:26 04 Feb 2005

The only way is to install windows... I will check my disk to see if there is a way to find out withour installing windows... Back in a minute or two...

[DELETED] 11:31 04 Feb 2005

Ok.. I have found out a way...

Insert the disk into the drive... When the "autorun" menu appears, click onto "Perform Additional Tasks" and click onto View The release notes.... This will open up a "Internet explorer" window.. Click onto the first option... (Important Information....)

Now just read through the passage, and you should see the following as the first line from it...

"This release of Microsoft® Windows® XP includes Service Pack 2 (SP2). This means that when you install this release of Windows XP Home Edition or Windows XP Professional, SP2 is automatically installed at the same time."

If you see this, then congrats.. You have done it...

[DELETED] 11:50 04 Feb 2005

Have you tried this yet????

[DELETED] 11:56 04 Feb 2005

Sorry wife came in from shopping had to help with the put away,lol yes i have got that YEE!! i did it,lol only took 2 days and 5 disks to get it right,lol,now i have to wait to try it out and see how much time it saves me,Shall i format the pc just to test it?......Nah ill wait.
Thx for the help ,and every one else too.
Gonna tick this now i had my fill of slipstreaming lol.
just a side thought would this work for other patches as well,then you could have 1 cd with all the other updates on as well,i dont think ill try tho,lol.

Thank you.

[DELETED] 12:00 04 Feb 2005

Glad I could help.... lol

Strawballs 01:22 05 Feb 2005

It is quite satisfying when something finally goes right isn't it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

42 Tips for How to Make Digital Artworks That Look Hand-made

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Les meilleures séries Amazon Prime Video (2018)