Slideshow on TV

Dark Knight 16:16 24 Jun 2006

Hi There,

I have (am currently scanning in) a series of photographs that I want to form into a slideshow for someone else to show.

Ideally I would do this via a laptop and projector (which would make things easy) but have serious doubts whether this type of kit (namely the projector) will be available.

Therefore, as an alternative, I want to be able to produce the slideshow to be shown via a tv and simple dvd player.... i.e. I would hope to be able to put the cd in and get it to simply run through the pictures one by one - repeating when it gets to the end if possible. I know some DVD players are capable of doing this directly - but the dvd player owned by the people I doing this for is old and has not got this facility directly. I have no idea how to do this.

What is the best approach to producing a simple slideshow on CD for the system described above?

Thanks in advance

DieSse 17:28 24 Jun 2006

Google for vcd slideshow freeware - or dvd slideshow freeware and you'll get lots of suggestions. Such as click here (free trial).

Nero also has a vcd slideshow option - so if you already have Nero, it'll be in there.

Dark Knight 17:32 24 Jun 2006

Yup knew it would be simple :o) thanks.

SANTOS7 17:41 24 Jun 2006

You will need to find out if the DvD player supports
the CD/DvD media most new players do old players may be a problem..

Terrier 19:12 24 Jun 2006

Scan into Picasa 2,click on gift cd, and you will be asked if you wish to have it as a slide show.Make up your CD accordingly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

See iconic duo Smith and Foulkes' epic animation for the BBC's Winter Olympics coverage

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts