Slanted text in word

  TN 17:01 18 Jun 2004

Is it possible to enter text in a word document sloping at a 45 degree angle? Not Italic but actually sloping up the page.
Any assistance much appreciated

  jack 17:10 18 Jun 2004

This sounds like you need a particular font.
Have you looked in the list

Failing that check around the program there are I am sure facilities to bend or distort.
Failing that
Try what you want in a GRAPHICS program
Photoshop PaintshopPro W.H.Y and make it a graphic to import in BMP format

  Valvegrid 17:16 18 Jun 2004

You may find one here somewhere:

click here

  pj123 17:22 18 Jun 2004

You need the Drawing Toolbar to do this. In Word go to Tools, Customise, Toolbars and put a tick in Drawing. Close the window and you should now have a drawing toolbar at the bottom of your screen. Select the Big Blue A, hold your mouse over it and it should say Insert Wordart. Click on it and take your pick.

  Shas 17:24 18 Jun 2004

If you have Excel you can create the sloping text in that and copy & paste special over to Word, but it I think it might be a bit fiddly to incorporate the sloping text into a sentence. Would work fine if you just want the sloping text as a heading for example.

  Gongoozler 17:24 18 Jun 2004

I think you are referring to WordArt. Right click on the toolbar and select WordArt. It's only intended for inserting artistic text though.

  TN 19:56 18 Jun 2004

It is not just one sentence I want to put at an angle in the document but an entire paragraph which will be like a normal paragraph but reading uphill at an angle of approx 45 degrees - it will be in normal Arial 10 pt type.

  Valvegrid 20:07 18 Jun 2004

Gotcha, sorry got the wrong end of the stick.

I can see how you can do this in a Word document, but you can do it in Powerpoint, I've just tried it. I'll experiment and see if you can put it into Word, but the formatting is lost at the moment.

  pj123 20:23 18 Jun 2004

TN, yes you can still do that using the system I posted previously. I have just done it, and it works. Give it a try.

  Valvegrid 20:29 18 Jun 2004

The only way at the moment I can see to do it, is to compose it in Powerpoint and insert it into Word. The trouble is it inserts it as a graphic, so the definition is not as good.

I think you can do this sort of thing in Microsoft publisher, but I haven't got a copy of it to try at home here.

  canute44 22:25 18 Jun 2004

In the March issue of PCW magazine this question was asked (See page 161). The answer briefly(?) is to insert a small picture, right click and Format picture, on Layout tab choose Tight, click Wrapping on the picture toolbar then Edit Wrap Points. Drag the handles on the red dotted lines around until you have the text margin where you want it. Next right click and format the picture again, then go to the picture tab. Set the Brightness to 100 per cent and the Contrast to 0 pe cent. Tpicture will disappear but the wrapped text will sta in place. This is almost word for word as in the magazine. I have not tried it so good luck!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)