Skype for Two

portofcall 23:20 30 Nov 2005

Here's the scenario; I have installed skype on PC and laptop. Both are part of my ISP (singular). I am abroad (with laptop) and wish to call home on (pc) with skype (or vice versa). As I am using the same ISP can I make this call? Or, will I find that my line is "busy"? I don't seem to have the answer to this problem. Any help much appreciated.

johnnyrocker 23:24 30 Nov 2005

if you are on line with any isp anywhere you will be able to use it no prob if installed on both pieces of equipment

johnny.

wint 23:28 30 Nov 2005

I am new to Skype but...

I have it installed on 2 PCs in my house attached by a network. I have a different Skype log-in (or account) on each PC (both obviously using same ISP) and each can call each other.

So, yes - if I understood your question.

All the best.

portofcall 23:34 30 Nov 2005

I'll add another log in on my account which should make my "long distance" somewhat shorter.

Stuartli 23:40 30 Nov 2005

Yes, wint's suggestion should work. Add a 1 to your name or something similar as with e-mail addresses.

It's basically the same as dialling your own phone number otherwise - it's always engaged...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough fights back against sexual misconduct

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Espace de stockage : comment libérer de la mémoire sur votre iPhone ?