Sky Router blocking internet

raziel08 20:33 26 May 2010

Hi all

I have been given an old Sky broadband router by a member of my family, i use it only as a router to connect my prnter wirelessly. I can can do this fine but surf the net via a mobile broadband dongle. When i have the router on and i'm connected to the internet and go to another page i get the routers web interface which won't let me open any other sites. I don't have the user name and password which is required to change any settings.

Is there a way that i can prevent the web interface from interfering or should i buy a a new router?

Strawballs 12:27 27 May 2010

You should only go to it's interface page if you enter it's address into your browser ie Linksys is (don't know what make sky use)

dms_05 15:33 27 May 2010

Sky use and the default User Name and Password are admin / sky.

raziel08 21:05 27 May 2010

Thats fantastic, worked brilliantly. I can now change the settings. having looked through the options i can see any settings which look like they relate to my issue.

I want to be able to use it as a router only and don't want the web interface to appear whilst i'm surfing. If i was to put the IP address on a block list would it simply ignore the router an carry on or would it pause the loading of the webpage?

dms_05 11:39 28 May 2010

You might find a simpler cheap solution to be a Network Switch. Plug one into any of your existing router LAN outlets and you will have 5 additional LAN outlets for a small amount of money click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 and 32 review – hands-on

When is the next Apple event?

Qu’est-ce qu’Amazon Prime ?