Sky+ on a PC

Comical Ali 18:09 29 Aug 2005

Can this be done does any body do this and is it as user friendly as Sky+
I've got an idea how to do it, but wondered if there's any one out there who has and is pleased with the performance

Technotiger 18:37 29 Aug 2005

Hi, sorry I can't help on your question - but this is just a personal observation/thought:-

You might get more response if you changed your Forum Name to something with less despicable connotations.

Cheers.

Comical Ali 18:59 29 Aug 2005

I'm so sorry if I offend, however I am not CHANGING MY name, which is personal to me, just because some people take it wrong. My nickname is Ali, and I'm a funny guy a cockney born and bred, and if I change my name these people have a victory!I didn't give in with the IRA onslaught on London, neither will I now

sinbad1 19:44 29 Aug 2005

not sure what you want?
i have sky tv and terrestrial tv running on my computer. You will need a tv card the rest is strait forward.
perhaps more info would be usefull

woodchip 19:46 29 Aug 2005

Why not buy a Video Sender

DieSse 19:53 29 Aug 2005

The ONLY way to get the full range of Sky satTV is with a Sky Digibox (and relevant card). There is no receiver made for the PC that will do this.

But you query has a myriad possibilities of what you actually want to do - if you can explain a bit more - maybe someone can help better.

Otherwise the simpla answer is to use a videosender from your existing Digibox (as per woodchip), or get an extra one linked into your PC.

Technotiger 20:22 29 Aug 2005

OK - no hard feelings Friend - point taken.

Cheers.

Comical Ali 23:59 29 Aug 2005

Videosender from digibox to TV PVR card to hard drive is what I gathered
Thanks all

Technotiger, none at all me old china!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?