Sitecom Wireless Router Issue - Not Working

AndyLoudon1989 17:30 16 Sep 2008

I'm using a laptop (on vista) that, until recently, was connected wirelesly to a sitecom WL-173 router. After allowing someone to use the wireless connection, it appears that the wireless portion of the router is no longer functioning. I can access the internet when I use an ethernet cable to connect directly between my laptop and the router, but cannot find a wireless connection. can anyone give me any pointers as to why this might have happened, and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Andy.

ferdinent 18:51 16 Sep 2008

Hi

> Check the wirelss connection status in your computer , it should be " connected " .

> check the ip address of the wirelss adaptor , it should be in the same ip subnet of the router (if it is static)

AndyLoudon1989 19:10 16 Sep 2008

thanks for the reply.

Checked the IP address', and they match as far as I can see.

I cant check the wireless connection status, because I cant establish a connection. (At the moment, I am accessing the internet via the second, wired connection that is entierly seperate from the wireless connection in question.)

AndyLoudon1989 19:22 16 Sep 2008

Appologies for double posting, I cant seem to find an edit function to edit my earlier post.

I've managed to establish a local wireless connection between the laptop and router, but cant seem to be able to get any further.

ferdinent 18:13 17 Sep 2008

Hi

Seems you are connected with the wirelss network .

the ip address is assigns as static or given by DHCP ?

if it is static address make sure the ip address is the same subnet , and check the dns address also.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?