SiteCom Network-Faster than Speedtouch adsl modem?

AngeTheHippy 09:04 25 Nov 2007

Morning Chaps,
This weekend finds me setting up a home network wirelessly and the Wii console too.

Well, IT WORKS, much to my surprise, but using Dongles rather than wireless n/w card internally which I would have preferred but never mind.

Now correct me if I'm wrong - it ***seems*** to be a tad faster connection whether on PC or n/worked Laptop. Can this happen? I'm very curious!!

Also, I've been advised to not rely on the XP firewall, but to get another that runs along side. Should I install this Firewall on Desktop AND Laptop? Been reading up on the best freebies nd Comodo seems to be a favourite.

Thanks muchley in advance,

AngeTheHippy
xxx

ps........Ejoy Sunday!

Ashrich 18:59 27 Nov 2007

Don't run the two firewalls together , disable the Windows one and just run Comodo , no conflicts that way . If the Sitecom stuff is actually an ADSL Wireless Router/Modem then it is perfectly possible it has a faster connection to the internet than the Speedtouch . So what happened to the internal wireless adapter , I must have missed the thread ?

Ashley

AngeTheHippy 19:53 27 Nov 2007

All up running and good. I've got Comodo on Desktop & Laptop, but GOT to take this bally dongle back that I'm using on the Laptop. Really NOT robust - I can see in a short time I'm gonna wrench it sideways or summit. There's an opening on side of Laptop with a tray that ejects(?) I think it's for a wireless adapter, so will exchange dongle for it tomorrow.

SeeYaLater,

Ange
x

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

How to use 3D Touch on iPhone

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?