Siemens HC450 Door System: where's pinhole button?

ianmanning 11:23 08 Apr 2018

I have a Siemens HC450 Door System and need to pair it with a new Gigaset phone base station. The instructions for doing this refer to pressing a button on the HC450 with a paper clip, but I can't see any such button. Does anyone know where it is located? Do I need to remove the front cover from the HC450 to find it? (which will likely be a nightmare as the two screws at the base of the unit seem to have completely rusted!)

wee eddie 11:51 08 Apr 2018

You will have to look for a small hole, about 1 millimetre in diameter.

mrcalif 11:51 08 Apr 2018

Page 9 & 12 of Manual.

ianmanning 12:26 08 Apr 2018

Doh! I was confusing the control unit with the intercom unit! I'm trying to replace my SL565 base unit with an N300IP base unit, and am having problems: 1) I have been able to register my 4 existing SL56 handsets with the new N300IP base station, but the name on the display of every phone says "Base 1" and I can't work out how to change the name (e.g. to rename a handset to "Lounge") 2) When I press the INT button on any of the handsets I would expect to see a list of the other handsets connected to the base station, but instead I get a blank screen with 5 dots at the top of it 3) Pairing with the HC450 doesn't seem to work. I press the registration button on the base station for 3 seconds, then within 20 seconds I press the (newly-discovered!) pinhole button on the HC450 control unit, but the LED on the HC450 control unit will not light up contunuously - it continues flashing amber/green. I've tried disconnecting the power from it but it didn't help. Any ideas for any of the above??

mrcalif 12:39 08 Apr 2018

RTM Buddy

ianmanning 12:52 08 Apr 2018

The manual's pretty clear (it was my first port of call): - Set the base station pin to "0000" - DONE - Press the registration key on the base station for 3 seconds - DONE - Press the button on the HC450 control with a paper clip within 20 seconds - DONE. - If no luck, try placing the base station closer to the HC450, or powering down the HC450 first - both DONE ???

ianmanning 14:51 08 Apr 2018

I've come to the conclusion that the HC450 is not compatible with the N300IP base station, as I just factory reset the HC450 and managed to re-register it with my original (SL565) base station immediately, using the same procedure. i suppose I have the option of keeping both base stations, but then each handset could only receive incoming calls from one base station at a time, which isn't how I was hoping it would work :0(

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple