Should I buy this Alienware laptop?

nick198929 06:58 21 Nov 2018

I'm planning on purchasing a gaming laptop, though I'm curious as to whether or not I should purchase this for £400-£700:

Its an Alienware M17x R4 with Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 24GB storage, 17 inch screen, with Windows 8, however, as seen via images the Y key on keyboard came off, hence I'm curious whether to buy this laptop and take it to a shop to order the key

Secret-Squirrel 09:35 21 Nov 2018

.............and take it to a shop to order the key

You can get your replacement key kit from here and fit it yourself. It should take just a few seconds of your time. I've used this company before and can recommend them.

...........whether or not I should purchase this for £400-£700:

I think that nearer £400 would be the appropriate price for a fairly elderly laptop - especially if you have to pay for a Windows 10 upgrade.

Forum Editor 18:20 21 Nov 2018

I'm afraid we don't offer advice on purchasing decisions. We can certainly comment on the pros and cons of a specific hardware configuration, but judgments about value for money with regard to used equipment are for you to make.

That might sound unhelpful, but there are very good reasons for our policy.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch