Should I be worried about this ?

davecartman 08:33 28 Apr 2018
Answered

I was recently issued with a new router by EE, It is the latest version of the EE Brightbox-p47ce9. I have Avast Premium Antivirus and on running the smart scan it finds there is a network problem with the router, the message is 'Device is vulnerable to attack' and gives a code CVE-2017-14491 It goes on to recommend I upgrade the devices firmware which I do not know how to do. I have phoned EE and they said ' it is a known issue ' and not to worry. So I put it to this forum for advice. Many thanks for replies in advance.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:59 28 Apr 2018

Have a read of this thread (both pages) click here paid for Kaspersky is finding nothing wrong when I scan the same EE router

My

davecartman 12:58 28 Apr 2018

Thanks for that Fruit Bat, having read all the posts I am still not sure if I am worried or not but at least I know I am not alone.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:52 28 Apr 2018
Answer

It only appears to be the AVast wfi inspector scan that finds the problem.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What to do if you're affected by the Intel Foreshadow flaw

A new magazine aims to educate kids about food with some very edgy artwork

iMac at 20: 10 iMac facts and history in pictures

TV & streaming : comment regarder l’US Open de tennis ?