Hot Topics

Shortcuts to paste multiple different words?

buel 18:22 14 Feb 2020

Hi all,

I mark students’ work part time and find it laborious to have to write the same phrases at different points in students’ work. I tried making a Word doc or even Notepad with various different phrases I’d need and then go to that to copy and paste (as opposed to writing again and again) but I’m wondering if there is either software to do this or shortcuts on the keyboard to paste, say, six different phrases or sentences? Can anyone help with this, please?

Taff™ 12:11 18 Feb 2020

Depends on your version of Word Google "Autofill for Word"

It is sometimes referred to as "Autotext" or "Quick Parts"

Basically once you have set each phrase to a sequence of keystrokes autofill will offer the complete paragraph youe want to use. Suggest you keep the trigger strokes to something simple for you to remember.

"###1" "###2" etc

Peter~24 22:52 18 Feb 2020

buel,

If you are using Windows 10 you could use the Clipboard History feature. Copy your text to the Clipboard and then pin it in place. Press the Windows Symbol key + V to see what is in the history. Click the three dots to the right of the one you want to keep and Pin it in place. You can do this with several pieces of text.

Regards, Peter.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to make yourself look better on a webcam

Can Art Book publishing weather the current crisis?

New MacBook Pro 2020 release date

Microsoft Surface Duo confirmé : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique