Short of HD space to install Win10 Ann Upgrade

cellar17 16:49 25 Aug 2016

I am unable to install Win 10 Anniversary upgrade on my Asus T100HA Tablet as there is insufficient hard drive space (HD Totals 32GB) I have only got 10.5 GB's free after removing everything I can except Norton AV. Can I use a USB Stick and, if so, how?

Burn-it 17:50 25 Aug 2016

Can you temporarily remove or move some of the installed stuff temporarily until the update has finished??

slaydeuk 19:27 16 Oct 2016

I have tried installing a 32GB micro SD card, which the computer recognised and gave a drive letter, as it did with the USB HDD, but was not available for upgrading Windows 10. The total capacity of all the installed programs is less than 2.5GB, so I won't get anywhere by removing them. I am using Windows 10 Update Assistant and Windows 10 Upgrade App to try and install the upgrade, but both require an additional 8GB. I am not happy using third party programs which claim to be able to fix anything. I don't trust them. Can I install a larger drive? I only have the minimum, 32GB.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

MWC 2019: Xiaomi, Samsung, Huawei, Nokia, LG, Sony & Microsoft

Illustrator Owen Davey on how he's created a successful series of animal-themed children's picture…

WWDC 2019: Dates, what to expect, and how to get tickets

Battlefiled 6 ou Battlefront 3 pour 2019 ?