shopping for base unit.?

second best 12:12 31 Dec 2008

Hi, i've built my own system in the past, but only because of the problems i used to have. However, my systems have been so stable in the last 8 yrs i've not had to do anything to them, and forgot most of what i knew.

Now there seems to be so many different chips around, I can't decide, or fathom, which way to turn next.

Basically, i have an HP Pavillion, zd8480ea laptop, and want a desktop alternative.

I have it with Rentsmart. 2 or 3 payments of £66 left, then they want another £200 to purchase it from them. I think not. I have a monitor, so i'm looking for a tower for around £500 i think.

I edit RAW files and video.

I'm looking for finance option too. I'm considering PcWorld, Curry's and Ebuyer. I'd rather not go for Advent, or bottom end budget products. I don't call my self second best for nothing.

Thanks, Happy new year.

chub_tor 16:13 31 Dec 2008

Some bare bones base units here click here take your pick. This company has a good reputation.

Pineman100 17:06 31 Dec 2008

This looks quite a good spec for the money: click here

4GB of RAM and 750GB HDD would be useful for your video editing.

Information about the installed OS is confusing, though. You'd need to clarify whether it's Vista or XP.

Stuartli 21:17 31 Dec 2008

BigPockets have a couple of Quad Core machines at £510 and £520:

click here

Pineman100 13:09 01 Jan 2009

Love those sexy see-through cases!

second best 17:52 30 Jan 2009

thanks for your thoughts guys, i was sure i relied to this already. sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I'm still looking though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?