Sharp Digital Recorder

NickSomerset 20:26 13 Nov 2013

Hi, I have a TU-TV502H Sharp Digital Recorder, it has decided, as from 2330 tonight, not to give me any program info, has cancelled all my series links & looks to be giving up on life. Can anyone tell me please, what's going on. PS, we have had this unit for several years, it has about 60% free space on the hard drive, so this is not making any sense.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:29 13 Nov 2013

Have you tried a retune from the first setup menu?

Once you get the TV guide back you will need to rest your recordings nd series links.

NickSomerset 20:48 13 Nov 2013

Hi, yes have retuned, programs are all there but no tv guide info is showing.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:11 13 Nov 2013

Not just a retune but a new install

woodchip 21:25 13 Nov 2013

Try Format the Drive

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:48 13 Nov 2013

formatting the drive will not bring back the program guide and will lose you recordings.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:50 14 Nov 2013

Not sure if this is for your box but worth a try

Factory Reset

• Press the menu button.

• Scroll down to set-up and press OK.

• Scroll down to help and press OK.

• In the help menu press the green button.

• Press the red button for Factory Defaults.

• Press the green button to continue.

• The PVR will now reboot and come back on automatically.

• Once the PVR comes back on please follow the on screen instructions to complete the installation.

• Note that depending on when you perform this procedure it may take 48 hours for your TV Favourites programme downloads to recommence.

NickSomerset 15:28 14 Nov 2013

Many thanks for everyone help, finaly resorted to the old Sky call centre trick & just unplugged everything, plugged it all back in & its sorted. Me thinks there was a dry joint somewhere, we may never know. thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

ManvsMachine and other artists put Apple's iMac Pro to the test using powerful rendering tools

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?