Sharing a broadband connection

  Forum Editor 11:17 27 Nov 2004

via a crossover cable isn't going to work - at least not in any real sense, because the rate of data exchange via the cable isn't fast enough.

To do the job properly you'll need a router - either connected to the computers via standard ethernet networking cable and PCI network adapters, or a wireless version that transmits the broadband connection to both machines. In that case you'll need wireless network adapters in both computers.

The hard ware isn't as expensive as you might think, and setting the whole thin up will take less than an hour.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)