shared printer

gollybruce 17:11 27 May 2006

hi,can anyone help.i am trying to print from my laptop to my pc through belkin router/modem.printer connected to pc.i have clicked share printer on pc and the hand is under the printer.on the laptop i have used the wizard to find printer and it has a picture of it with a bar underneath and the default tick.when i try to print any thing from laptop it shows 1 document ready on both computers but no printing.i can go online from laptop and read files from the pc .the printer is a epson d88 and is working on the pc.any ideas. thanks

Ivor_Monkey 17:27 27 May 2006

Is it assigned as the default printer?
Could the firewall be blocking it?

gollybruce 18:06 27 May 2006

hi,thanks.yes it is the default printer.in firewall settings i have gone on exceptions and ticked file and printing box.did you mean the routers firewall as well.

Pamy 18:17 27 May 2006

You may have to install the printer driver on the laptop also, not to sur though.

Pamy

ade.h 18:54 27 May 2006

Installing a networked printer automatically copies the driver from the printer's host to the remote client.

Are the important services running - such as workstation and print spooler? There are one or two others that affect this process but I can't remember them off hand.

woodchip 19:00 27 May 2006

I hope this is not a daft question but you do have the computer switched on that the priter is attached to, don't you? And as above try loading the printer software on the other computer, so it's on both

ade.h 19:32 27 May 2006

Installing a networked printer automatically copies the driver from the printer's host to the remote client.

So you should not need to manually add the software to the client.

woodchip 19:36 27 May 2006

I did for my mono laser. Inkjet was OK but not Samsung Laser

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?