Settings for proxy server

CAINEY 17:26 05 Jun 2005

How do I check that the settings on my web browser are set to use the same proxy server for both the "http" and "https"/secure protocols?
I keep getting cut off from the internet pages and a message appears saying that internet explorer has encountered a problem and has to close, it has been suggested that the above may be the problem.

madPentium 00:31 06 Jun 2005

Firstly may I ask why you are using a proxy server? Inveriably this slows down your connection.

CAINEY 11:39 06 Jun 2005

I didn't know i was - it was suggested to me (a mere novice user) - the problem i have is that every time i connect and try to surf the net, a message box comes up and says that internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close down - so I get cut off - i can no longer surf! Any suggestions please?

CAINEY 11:41 06 Jun 2005

I didn't know i was - it was suggested to me (a mere novice user) - the problem i have is that every time i connect and try to surf the net, a message box comes up and says that internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close down - so I get cut off - i can no longer surf! Any suggestions please?

CAINEY 11:44 06 Jun 2005

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

6 great UX design talks you can watch online

How to jailbreak an iPhone or iPad in iOS 11 or iOS 10

Musique de Noël : les meilleures chansons en streaming