setting up outlook express with gmail

gazmix 13:48 31 May 2017

Hi Orange email has finished as from today & im trying to setup my mail programme outlook express with gmail.

Ive followed this info:- click here and yet nothing seems to happen. I can send a message to gmail but it doesn't arrive in gmail webmail inbox. Help appreciated gaz

Secret-Squirrel 20:00 02 Jun 2017

............. if the password for gmail setting up in outlook express its the same password to sign in to google.

Yes it is.

gazmix 14:42 04 Jun 2017

Hi sorry for late responce. I changed my google password as i thought i may be entering a different one & tried again. This time the mail doesnt send and just remains in the outbox & i get a box to click 'ok' on but it disapears & comes straight back. Here it is. click here

Thanks

lotvic 23:18 04 Jun 2017

I changed my google password

Did you logon to google with your old/existing password and then change your password or did you just change it in Outlook Express?

Secret-Squirrel 08:33 05 Jun 2017

Following on from Lotvic's post, if you did change your password via the Google website, then in the Outlook Express "Logon" box you need to delete the password that's already there then enter your new one and press OK.

If you've already done that then press "Cancel" and post a screenshot of the error window that should appear.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 5G UK Release Date, Price & Specification

D&AD Awards 2019: Check out the Pencil winners from the year's biggest creative awards

WWDC 2019 dates and what to expect

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables (2019)